Spring is hands-down my favorite time of year. I love when things turn green again, rainy days give you an excuse to sit inside with a book, and baseball season gets started (Go Cubs go!). However, I run into the same problem every May – what do I do for my mom? You see, Mother’s Day is only a week prior to my mother’s birthday, so I’m responsible for two gift-giving holidays in one month. I always have trouble finding the perfect thing to get my mom, so on Mother’s Day I try to plan something that we can do together with the family. Lincoln and Omaha have a ton of places and events just for mom this weekend. Below are some of my favorites.
Soul2Soul The World Tour 2017
Friday, May 12 at 7:30pm
- Sharing live music with someone you love is, in my book, the best way to connect and make memories. Beyond this, I’ve heard Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are an unforgettable concert. Pinnacle Bank Arena will be the place to be this Friday night.
Method Mother’s Day Popup
Saturday, May 13 from 8am – 4pm
- This gift shop will be selling jewelry, floral arrangements, ceramics, cards and soy candles, all of which are hand-made! The real draw to Method? Waffles. And if waffles don’t get you excited enough, moms get half off their order. I honestly can’t think of a reason not to go. Saturday’s featured makers include Stoned Jewelry by Kate Michael, Blevior Floral Design by Jaclyn Nelson, Sukisuyu Ceeramics by Rachael Belke, Emily Ann Lettering by Emily Bledsoe and Wax Buffalo Candles.
Yer Mom’s Comedy Show
Saturday, May 13 at 6:30pm
- My mom loves to laugh more than anybody I know, and a comedy show is a unique way to spend time with her. The event is at Rabbit Hole Bakery in the Haymarket. They’ll be selling coffee and cakes, two of my favorite things on the planet.
Brunch at the Gray Plume
Sunday, May 14 from 10:30am – 2pm
- Sunday brunch is always a win on Mother’s Day. It’s so much fun and it means mom doesn’t have to cook! While Sunday brunches are everywhere and it’s honestly hard to go wrong, the Gray Plume in Omaha only does two per year and they say it’s “guaranteed to make Mom feel special!”
Belles & Whistles’ Mother’s Day Concert w/ Mary Ruth
Sunday, May 14th at 7pm
- Again, live music is my favorite thing to share with another person. This event is at the Slowdown in Omaha, so if you can’t make it to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, weren’t in the Lincoln area, or prefer smaller venues, this is the place for you.
Brunch at Rodizio Grill
Sunday, May 14 from 10:30am – 3pm
- Before you discount the idea of brunch as common or boring, check out Rodizio Grill. Your mom could have celebrated fifty Mother’s Days and never had Brazilian steakhouse brunch. Their menu is always mouthwatering and never boring, so I would be excited to see what sorts of things they do for brunch!
Follow the link below for addresses and to find tickets:
Happy Mother’s Day from DealAnyDay and their moms!
By: Erin Johnson